ForestWorks will protect the privacy of your personal information consistent with the principles set out in relevant legislation, including the:
- Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
- Privacy Act 188 (Commonwealth)
- Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015
- Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012,
- Victorian Information Privacy Act 2000 and
- Victorian Health Records Act 2001.
The term “Personal Information” in this policy means any information from which your identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained.
If you register or apply for a FOLS with us, we will collect information about you and your workplace training.
Collected information includes:
- Personal information which may be used to verify your identity (name, date of birth, address, email address, phone number;
- Personal information of your staff and/or contractors which may be used to verify their identity in the administration of FOLS skills verification program;
- Automatically generated information about the connection you use to access the websites (known as ‘clickstream data’ and ‘cookies’).
Please do not give us other personal or sensitive information.
All documentation provided to ForestWorks as evidence of an AQF certification must meet the requirements of Schedule 5 of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015.
FOLS enables the sharing of information related to the workplace training of individuals. The Employees and Employers that are able to share information through FOLS is:
- confined to those that agree to the Terms and Conditions of the FOLS program; and
- limited to prospective or specific employers for the purposes of WHS compliance.
The Employee information that FOLS can share between Employees and Employers, and between Employers in the chain of responsibility, is limited to:
- Sufficient information to verify the identity of the Employee (title, first name, surname, year of birth, residential suburb; but not the date of birth);
- The code and name of each Unit of Competency, the date of training and the issuing RTO;
- Electronic copies of your evidence of training and assessment.
Other than circumstances such as unlawful activity or serious threats to health and safety, we do not share any Personal Information with other agencies or organisations. If you ask us about an issue that needs to be dealt with by another agency or organisation, we will provide you with the necessary details to make contact yourself. You may opt out of further contact from us at any time.
How we deal with requests and feedback
You may request access to Personal Information about you that we hold and you may ask us to correct your Personal Information if you find that it is not accurate, up-to-date or complete. You may also make a complaint about our handling of your Personal Information. These services are free of charge.
To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, we will need to obtain verification of your identity before we can grant you access to information about you or change it.
You can contact us by email (email@example.com) or send your request or complaint to the postal address below. We undertake to respond within 14 days. If the request or complaint will take longer to resolve, we will provide you with a date by which we expect to respond.
How we protect your personal information
This online service is hosted in a secure facility. To help protect the privacy of data and Personal Information we collect and hold, we maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards. We update and test our security technology on an ongoing basis.
We train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information. Access to your Personal Information is restricted to employees who need it to provide benefits or services to you.
Changes to the Website Privacy Statement
We may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time by posting the amended version on the FOLS Skills Verification Program website. Changes are effective from the time of such publication.
Alternatively, you can write to us at:
PO Box 612
North Melbourne, VIC 3051
Our Freecall number is 1800 177 001