FOLS is the national skills verification program for the forest industry.
It is your portfolio of skills.
FOLS is an industry-led system that supports the professionalism and safety of industry through a national electronic system of recording training and verifying currency of worker’s skills.
A FOLS enables a worker to record their training and currency in an online system, which can be shared with employers.
How can FOLS help you?
FOLS offers businesses a streamlined system to manage the skills of employees and improve safety in the workplace. FOLS also assists workers by verifying that a worker has undertaken the nationally recognised training and has kept their skills current through regular practice.
- A streamlined system to manage risk and improve safety in your workplace
- Manage employee or contractor training, qualification and FOLS records online
- Manage your workforce’s skills development, including foundation skills and digital literacy, for future growth
- Reduce risk by knowing who is skilled to undertake particular activities
- Ensure your employee’s qualifications and skills are up-to-date
- Generate and manage your list of employees or contractors and their FOLS records
- Monitor FOLS expirations, with the ability to arrange training in advance if required
- Gain access to a list of current industry recognisedt and experienced training providers
- Gain verification as a competent and experienced operator
- Visibly demonstrate your certification with your FOLS app anywhere
- Ensure your qualifications and skills remain current
- Apply for and renew your FOLS Card online anytime, anywhere
- Keep all your records in one safe place and upload skills evidence documents at any time
- Gain access to suitable training providers
- Share your records with your employer
Industry Steering Committee
FOLS is an industry-led program that is managed by ForestWorks.
An Industry Steering Committee guides the program:
Riverina TAFE – TBA
Forestry Corporation of NSW – Bernadette Cavanaugh
Forest Industry Training and Education Consortium (FITEC) – June Dunleavy
One Forty One Plantations (OFO) – Emma-Kate Griffiths
LV Dohnt & Co Pty Ltd – Philip Dohnt
Moreland Holdings – Alwin Goetze
ARTEC – Neil McCarthy
Norske Skog – John Webb
HVP Plantations – John Dodson
VicForests – Bill Paul
PF Olsen – David Bennett
Forest Products Commission – Robin Austen
Towie Timber Training – Bill Towie
Plantation Logging Co – Tony Ferguson