FOLS User Agreement
By agreeing to use the FOLS industry skills verification system, you are entering into an agreement with ForestWorks, the FOLS administrator. This agreement outlines the commitments ForestWorks is making to all FOLS users and the corresponding commitments you have as a FOLS user.
Commitment by FOLS users
You agree that by selecting to "register", become a "user" or "join" or similar, accessing or using FOLS in any capacity, you are entering the agreement as outlined below.
As a FOLS user, you are agreeing to the following:
2. To use the program, you agree that:
- you must be 16 years old or older and
- you will only have one FOLS account, which is in your real name
3. Your account belongs to you. You agree to:
- try to choose a strong and secure password;
- keep your password secure and confidential; and
- follow the law and the "Expectations of Use"' below. You are responsible for the information you input into your account until you close it or report misuse.
Note that for Forest Contractor, Forest Manager or Registered Training Provider (RTO) services purchased by another party for you to use, the party paying for the FOLS controls such an account (which is different from your personal account) and the purchaser may control your access to it.
4. If you purchase the program, you agree to pay the applicable fees. While ForestWorks will remind users of their payment obligations, including overdue payments, users who do not provide proof of payment within the agreed time period, will lose access to the FOLS program
5. You agree that we may provide notices to you in the following ways:
- a notice on the portal, or
- an email sent to an address you provided, or
- through other means including mobile number, telephone, or mail.
6. You agree to keep your personal information, which includes your contact details up to date.
7. You will only provide information and content that you have the right to share and that your FOLS profile will be truthful.
8. You own all the information and information you provide to the FOLS system.
9. You agree that ForestWorks as the system administrator may access, store and use any information that you provide in accordance with the Privacy Statement.
Expectations of Use
As a user of FOLS, you agree that you will:
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws and regulatory requirements;
- Provide accurate information to us and keep it updated;
- Use your real name on your profile;
- Use the services in a professional manner.
As a user of FOLS, you agree you will not:
- Act dishonestly or unprofessionally, including uploading inappropriate, inaccurate, or objectionable content;
- Add content that is not intended for, or inaccurate for, a designated field (e.g. submitting a telephone number in the ''title" or any other field, or including telephone numbers, email addresses, street addresses or any personally identifiable information for which there is not a field provided by FOLS);
- Create a false identity or misrepresent your identity, including but not limited to the use of a pseudonym;
- Create a profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person) except as a service to your employees;
- Use or attempt to use another's account without their permission;
- Use of the FOLS system to harass, abuse or harm another person;
- Disclose information that you do not have the right to disclose (such as confidential information of others);
- Violate the intellectual property or other rights of FOLS, including, without limitation, using the word "FOLS" or FOLS logos in any business name, email, or URL Upload anything that contains software viruses, worms, or any other harmful code;
- Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell access to FOLS;
- Share or disclose information of others without their express consent;
- Override any security feature of the services;
- Interfere with the operation of, or place an unreasonable load on, the services (e.g., spam, denial of service attack, viruses, gaming algorithms).
Commitment by ForestWorks
As FOLS administrator, ForestWorks will respect the information supplied in FOLS user records.
ForestWorks agrees to the following:
1. Personal information, records of evidence of competence and who you have identified to share your information with will be treated in confidence.
2. ForestWorks, and any of its staff and Contractors working on FOLS will not provide any details of your FOLS records or data to third parties.
3. All data on the FOLS system will be securely stored on an offsite server, with a backup stored in a separate location. FOLS data security will be reviewed regularly to ensure it is protected and aligned with best practice standards for data storage.
4. Planned system outages: Periodically system outages are necessary for system maintenance and/upgrades. Planned outages will posted on the Home page of the FOLS website at minimum of 24 hours in advance.
5. Unplanned outages will be addressed as soon as possible after notification. Website notification of the outage will made as soon as possible including the timeframe and details regarding system restoration.
6. ForestWorks will maintain and upgrade FOLS to ensure it is able to meet its objectives.
7. FOLS card holders who have not paid their fees will have all their data archived after 12 months from the date of expiry of their FOLS card. After 5 years, data will be removed from archives and deleted.
8. ForestWorks will monitor Forest Contractor and Forest Manager levels of contributions categories to ensure this is updated to reflect current employee numbers.
9. FOLS users will be sent reminder notices to provide the opportunity to pay, however if payment is not made you will ultimately lose access to the portal.
Disclaimer and Limit of Liability
ForestWorks have developed the FOLS system in consultation with industry. Although due care has been taken with its development we do not guarantee that the portal will function without errors or interruption. The portal is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis
Unless ForestWorks has entered into a separate agreement, which supersedes this agreement, ForestWorks and those that work for ForestWorks shall not be liable to you or others for damages caused as a result of using the FOLS system.
ForestWorks is a customer-focused organisation. Understanding the FOLS user experience is important to us and will help ForestWorks to improve our offering. If you have a concern about the FOLS system please contact us, outlining the circumstances and outcome sought.
ForestWorks can be contacted on FREECALL 1800 177 001, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via www.fols.forestworks.com.au.
When a concerned FOLS user contacts us, the concern will be recorded and the user will receive an acknowledgment from us in writing. We will then direct your concern to the most appropriate person within ForestWorks, who will be responsible for keeping you up to date on the progress of your concern.
Throughout the process, we may need to contact you to discuss the issue or to ask for more information. Providing current contact details (telephone number or email address) will ensure we provide a response as soon as possible.
After investigating, we will respond and aim to resolve your concern. An explanation will be provided for any decision reached.
Length of investigation
ForestWorks will endeavor to resolve routine concerns within 10 working days and respond to urgent issues as soon as possible. If we cannot resolve your concern within 10 working days, you will be kept informed of our progress and be provided with: the name of the person responsible for resolving the concern the estimated length of time it may take to resolve your concern a timeframe for when you can next expect an update from us
How to Contact Us
FREECALL 1800 177 001
03 9321 3500
PO Box 612
North Melbourne VIC 3051